Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in old gnustep runtime?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:02:46 +0200

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

The backtrace for Sudoku always looked like this:
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/Sudoku
2011-06-12 13:37:23.177 Sudoku[2758] Cannot load the main model file 'Sudoku.gorm'
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The interesting point is here. Your Soduko application cannot load its main model file, so it cannot display its menu and would seem to hang. Usually, I happen to see this error when my applications are linked against an older GNUstep version. Before trying to track down the stack trace error (which well may be the result of a memory corruption as Richard explained), I would suggest looking at the dynamic libraries loaded by the application (info sharedlibrary in gdb should help) and making sure that there is just one version of gnustep-base, gnustep-gui, and gnustep-back.

Wolfgang