Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in old gnustep runtime?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:50:09 +0200

Hi
My feeling is that first priority ought to be to figure out why the signal
handling code is not working ... I know it can't be 100% reliable (after all
signal handling is not really thread safe), but it ought to be catching any
problem in the stack trace normally, and recovering.  Writing an alternative
signal handling implementation using the latest BSD APIs rather than the
original signal() system call, would seem to make sense here.
I wonder why it should not work. I can run Sudoku on OpenBSD using gcc and its runtime just fine.

Riccardo