Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Problem with exception handling: WAS: no thread-safe +initialize in old gnustep runtime?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:59:10 +0200

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 23:50 CEST, Riccardo
Mottola<riccardo.mottola@libero.it>  wrote:

Hi
My feeling is that first priority ought to be to figure out why the signal
handling code is not working ... I know it can't be 100% reliable (after all
signal handling is not really thread safe), but it ought to be catching any
problem in the stack trace normally, and recovering.  Writing an alternative
signal handling implementation using the latest BSD APIs rather than the
original signal() system call, would seem to make sense here.

I wonder why it should not work. I can run Sudoku on OpenBSD using gcc
and its runtime just fine.
on what platform is it working for you, I'm on i386, and IIRC also have seen it
on sparc? Do you link against libffi or ffcall?
I tested on OpenBSD (latest I think) on x86-32 with libffi. I had no possibility yet to test on sparc. perhaps I was using ffcall there, actually I think it is the last platform where I use it (well on windows too, but there libffi should work fine too, I just do it because I'm lazy).

I shall test sudoku on windows.

Riccardo