Re: Unable to build project using ProjectCenter-0.6.0

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Unable to build project using ProjectCenter-0.6.0
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:51:41 +0200

Hi
Hi,

Can someone please help me?! I am new to GNUstep and I've been really struggling to run Project Center on Windows 7. When I try to build a project I get the following error message: " :dup : dup(some disk file) failed, handle 0, Win32 error 6" . Has anyone had the same problem? Any ideas what's wrong? Maybe it has something to do with the Build Options, do I have to enter some text in the Arguments field or just leave it empty?
Thanks for your help in advance!
I have seen this happen from time to time on different windows versions. It usually ahppens when somehow the gnustep component libraries aren't well matched, mixed DLLs from different compiles. It used to be a bug that was solved more than a year ago too.

A clean build of everything works.

I just tried current stuff and it works for me as today.

Perhaps you want to try to the ready-to-use VM to do your development, it might be an easier path. Of course a native build to get your windows binaries will be eventually useful.

Riccardo