Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:29:41 +0100

Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> writes:

> AppKit.h is installed in the libgnustep-gui-dev package. Is that
>  package installed for you?

Yes it is.

>  http://packages.debian.org/file:AppKit.h

As I said I have Debian SID and when I searched for file:AppKit.h on the
abowe websiteI get message:

You have searched for paths that end with AppKit.h in suite sid, all
sections, and all architectures.

Sorry, your search gave no results

So that's why one get error message on Debian SID system.

> Also, do consider uninstalling Debian packages and installing GNUstep
> from source. Here's a script to get you started. I targeted Ubuntu
> because, despite previously being a long time Debian user, I felt that
> more people will use a LTS build of Ubuntu as their desktop operating
> environment. It should work okay nonetheless.
>  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/GNUstep%20libobjc2%20on%20Ubuntu.sh

Grait!
Does this install Étoilé too?

--