Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: fatal error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:43:16 +0100

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 15:29, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

As I said I have Debian SID and when I searched for file:AppKit.h on the
abowe websiteI get message:

You have searched for paths that end with AppKit.h in suite sid, all
sections, and all architectures.

Sorry, your search gave no results

So that's why one get error message on Debian SID system.

Yes, I just tested with sid, and it's weird. In any case, libgnustep-gui-dev seems to contain the file.

> Also, do consider uninstalling Debian packages and installing GNUstep
> from source. Here's a script to get you started. I targeted Ubuntu
> because, despite previously being a long time Debian user, I felt that
> more people will use a LTS build of Ubuntu as their desktop operating
> environment. It should work okay nonetheless.
>  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/GNUstep%20libobjc2%20on%20Ubuntu.sh

Grait!
Does this install Étoilé too?

Not at the moment, since I required just basic GNUstep stuff built with clang. However, the file is derived from Etoile's instructions for building and installing GNUstep and Etoile.

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net