Re: GNUstep github mirror status...

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUstep github mirror status...
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:54:59 +0100

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 03:19, Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

So now our git repository has all of the history and is small and
manageable so that we can use it without sacrificing any information
about branches or any history at all.   In spite of this git keeps the
downloaded repository for each developer to a relatively small size.

I find it fascinating that git didn't cough on file moves and various changes in repository structure, like hg did.

Did you consider changing the author names to be in the email form, that is, "Name LastName <emailaddress@example.com"?

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net