Re: GNUstep github mirror status...

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: GNUstep github mirror status...
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 05:28:15 -0800

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:19:04PM -0500, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Originally, I tried to do a clone of the *ENTIRE* repository into git,
> that took 27 hours and the result was not useable.  I then cloned each
> individual library into it's own repository (since they are, indeed,
> set up as individual svn repositories on our svn server... this became
> trivial and it didn't take long at all).

Thanks,  I'll have to start pulling some more recent clones...

You could partially mitigate the issue that David highighted by grouping
the svn repositories in to the git repositories - albeit as multi-header
repositories,  then it would be possible to commit to aggregate repositories.

e.g.  Make :    make
      Base :    base
                corebase
                libobjc2
      Gui  :    gui
                back
                coreimage
                opal
                quartzcore
                uikit
      CoreApp : gworkspace
                systempreferences
      Gorm
      ProjectCentre

etc.

Then the only co-ordination required with commits would be across between the
agregates,  i.e. libraries in base should be largely independant of those in
Gui.

.pdf