Re: Mouse cursor update bug

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Mouse cursor update bug
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:59:03 +0200

On Saturday, August 25, 2012 15:29 CEST, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Stefan Bidi wrote:
> > I recently got the latest svn version of GUI and I am seeing a bug
> > that I thought had been fixed a while back.  The mouse cursor does not
> > get updated sometimes (see the attached screen shot).  I searched
> > savannah and only came up with bug 5871, which was closed in 2007.  I
> > cannot reliably reproduce the problem, but when it happens the cursor
> > remains this way until I restart the application.  Does this happen
> > with anyone else?  I'm using GNUstep from svn trunk, maybe 2 or 3 days
> > old.
> Do you mean the cursor is the one of the operation previously done and
> does not "get back" to the standard cursor you expect in the context? In
> other words, it is the correct cursor for an operation you performed,
> not a random one, but it does not get replaced/reset to the correct
> current one.
>
> I am unable to reproduce the problem consistently with a repeatable
> operation, but it does happen to me quite frequently, especially with
> GWorkspace with all the "resize" and "drag" operations. I end up almost
> always to have a messed up cursor :(

/me too, also in GWorkspace. Where I can reproduce it easily, is for example
when I drag 'n drop an Application to the Dock at the right side. Afterward
the arrow stays green.
Another example which always works is, when I start drag n' drop an application
from the file viewer, and then stopping the drag 'n drop while still over the
file viewer. Then the mouse arrow always stays the "not allowed" icon.
Another example in GWorkspace file Viewer: when I hover the mouse
over the bar that resizes the space for the bookmarks, then the mouse arrow
becomes the up/down arrow. To get to that, the File Viewer window must
be the active window.
The mouse arrow is also only "broken" for the given application.
I.e. hovering over the File Viewer, or over the desktop -> broken icon,
hovering over a window from another application, (no matter whether GNUstep
or differnt) then the icon switches back to something expected.

hth,
Sebastian