Re: Mouse cursor update bug

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Mouse cursor update bug
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 10:23:18 -0500

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Stefan Bidi wrote:
>>
>> I recently got the latest svn version of GUI and I am seeing a bug
>> that I thought had been fixed a while back.  The mouse cursor does not
>> get updated sometimes (see the attached screen shot).  I searched
>> savannah and only came up with bug 5871, which was closed in 2007.  I
>> cannot reliably reproduce the problem, but when it happens the cursor
>> remains this way until I restart the application.  Does this happen
>> with anyone else?  I'm using GNUstep from svn trunk, maybe 2 or 3 days
>> old.
>
> Do you mean the cursor is the one of the operation previously done and does
> not "get back" to the standard cursor you expect in the context? In other
> words, it is the correct cursor for an operation you performed, not a random
> one, but it does not get replaced/reset to the correct current one.

Yes, that's exactly it.  The cursor keeps the previous operation's
cursor image.  I think the big problem is that the cursor is never
again updated to a new one, no matter what I try to do.

> I am unable to reproduce the problem consistently with a repeatable
> operation, but it does happen to me quite frequently, especially with
> GWorkspace with all the "resize" and "drag" operations. I end up almost
> always to have a messed up cursor :(

I do remember it happening quite often with GWorkspace, as well.  At
least now I know I'm not alone, even though I'm not sure that is a
good or bad thing.