Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-07-07

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-07-07
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:39:54 +0200

Hi,

On 07/09/13 06:34, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On 8 Jul 2013, at 21:17, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

Yes ... David told me that Apple don't reallym use those macros any more, and
someone else told me the MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED should be defined
externally by the compiler.

Maybe we should continue to set some value in GSVersionMacros.h if it's not
defined though ...
I'll re-add the bit to set it to 999999 if it's not defined, but I'd appreciate
any information from OSX coders about what we should actually be doing.

Actually, I just found out with Gregory that laternaMagica wasn't compilining anymore and I had to include Foundation.h to get MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED, on older Macs it was instead defined straight away, so it appears to be the opposite. I don't think Gregory was using 10.8, but he might tell you.

Riccardo