Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:30:53 -0600

In article <mailman.7046.1385367457.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> Also, advice flowing in so many and many messages in the same old thread
> makes things confused. When I mentioned the different "goals" of
> gnustep, Doc asks for them. Well, they were enumerated and discussed in
> the same very thread by me and other persons just weeks ago!

When I ask for something, I don't demand it for *me*.  My intent is to
question why that information isn't being communicated to the public at
large, either through the web site or some other medium.  Posting here
is not suitable documentation.

So if you actually want to *discuss* how you target your 4 types of
people, or how you might instead target a newer, larger population, by
all means start a new thread and be accepting of the changes suggested.
If all you want to do is be dismissive and repeat your sentiment of "do
we really want to attract them?", then you should not be surprised when
people are disinclined to contribute in any fashion.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, theremailer.net,