Re: Please, no GitHub

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: Please, no GitHub
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 15:08:35 +0800

I am smelling gasoline in this thread.

Richard:

If you want people to host their free software at somewhere other than Github
can you list a few options that have the same level of quality of service as
Github? Savannah as of now cannot provide the required level of service - our
Email requests of creating a few repositories are left in the cold for weeks.

There is a package called GitBucket that packs (almost) all Github features and
quality of service. It is free software, can be hosted standalone, and I don’t
think Savannah team will have any problem maintaining an instance (which takes
absolutely zero effort).