Re: Boiling the Oceans [was Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews]

From: Steven R. Baker
Subject: Re: Boiling the Oceans [was Re: GNUstep Live on OSnews]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 22:20:53 +0200

On 31/07/17 10:19 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
On 31 July 2017 at 21:58, Steven R. Baker <steven@stevenrbaker.com> wrote:
Firefox's UI is highly configurable, so I think it can be made to look
"close enough". But you're right, Firefox looking firefox-y means it won't
be a stumbling block for people. We can ignore the web browser issue now,
and maybe in the future get a new WebKit port.
What I have previously suggested was something of a quick-and-dirty hack:

Take the code Ubuntu wrote and published to integrate Firefox with the
Unity desktop, and repurpose it to make Firefox display GNUstep style
menus & icon and so on instead.
Excellent idea! Please do this!

-Steven