dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] STOP Foreign RIAA Music Monopoly

From: IBSHQ
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] STOP Foreign RIAA Music Monopoly
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:17:18 EDT

Hi All,

Let us make it really easy:

RIAA/ Sound Exchange has hundreds of members
representing thousands of labels.

But ... ONLY FIVE Members of RIAA
are causing the DMCA problems.
They are the BIG FIVE:
Sony (Japan), BMG (Germany), EMI (UK),
Vivendi Universal (France) and AOL/Warner (USA).

Boycott only these five and you will meet your goals.
Most of these companies are foreign controlled
and headquartered.  Most of the RIAA BIG FIVE are in,
or moving into Internet music delivery,
i. e. BMG (NAPSTER), Vivendi Universal (VUNet), ETC.

Obviously if RIAA/ Sound Exchange
and the BIG FIVE, which account for nearly 90% of RIAA revenue,
can use DMCA to eliminate their competition,
the small and large non-RIAA controlled webcasters,
it would be in RIAA/BIG FIVE's best interests to do it.

RIAA will soon become the only foreign controlled monopoly to have the
Congressional given right to tax (DMCA copyright fees) and eliminate
competition (webcaster reporting mandates).

Actions you can take:
1. Boycott the BIG FIVE
2. Encourage Justice Department to break up RIAA/ BIG FIVE Music monopoly
3. Encourage Commerce Department (SBA) to demand
       small webcaster protection against RIAA/BIG FIVE Music Monopoly
4. Encourage Copyright Office to eliminate reporting
       requirements that will eliminate small webcasters
5. Encourage Copyright Office to limit DMCA fees to be
       no greater than ASCAP copyright fees.
6. Encourage Congress to REPEAL DMCA!
7. Encourage Congress to STOP foreign MUSIC MONOPOLY!

Fritz Kass
Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS)
with 62 continuous years of service to
educational broadcasters and webcasters.
http://www.ibsradio.org
address@hidden
367 Windsor Highway, New Windsor, NY 12553
With 773 educational broadcast members
(95% of active educational webcasters)