dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] TCPA/Palladium

From: Matthew Caron
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] TCPA/Palladium
Date: 27 Jun 2002 13:50:43 -0400

> > <RANT>
> > All this shit is going on, and I'm sitting writing photo ID printer
> > drivers for windows. I feel like such a whore. Anyone know of any decent
> > ethical employ in the Rhode Island area?
> > </RANT>
> You may have to move or start your own.
> I know of ethical employment opportunities in the DC area, for instance.

And California, and Atlanta, and other places.

Problem is, my girlfriend is here for another year and a half, and I
also want to stick around for a bit to help out the local free software
organization that I started (the University of Rhode Island Free
Software Society).

The thing is that most places around here don't want to hear it. Sure,
you can pitch to schools that you can save them a ton of money by doing
a bunch of Xterms or so forth, but no one wants to upset the status quo.
You have to already be in the organization, and even when you are (like
my job) most of the time they don't want to hear it either. They buy all
this broken software that runs like crap and can't fix, but don't want
to let me use Free Software and tailor it to their needs. They'd rather
I write drivers.
--
No one should use [MS] Windows anymore, I've gotten so spoiled by
not using it that it just drives me up the wall now.