dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] TCPA/Palladium

From: Serge Wroclawski
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] TCPA/Palladium
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:57:36 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 Jun 2002, Matthew Caron wrote:

> The thing is that most places around here don't want to hear it. Sure,
> you can pitch to schools that you can save them a ton of money by doing
> a bunch of Xterms or so forth, but no one wants to upset the status quo.
> You have to already be in the organization, and even when you are (like
> my job) most of the time they don't want to hear it either. They buy all
> this broken software that runs like crap and can't fix, but don't want
> to let me use Free Software and tailor it to their needs. They'd rather
> I write drivers.

Okay, so let me present you with a different question.

So they want you to write drivers, does that mean you should?

If you truley see this (Free Software) as an ethical decision, then you
see that you can't write non-free software and be someone who stands up
for freedom.

So some things you may want to try is:

1) Going freelance where you determine your own rules
2) Working remotely for a company in another location
3) Find another job around your area
4) Move (your situation with your SO is not in my scope to talk about).
5) See if you can't make money through a university grant or some other
system where you can write software which is Free.

- Serge Wroclawski