dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] Ballmer: DRM is the Future

From: Ruben I Safir
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] Ballmer: DRM is the Future
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:07:02 -0400

 NYLXS Announcement from the Political Sub-committee and NY Fair Use:

The NYLXS Board has elected to change the name of New Yorkers for Fair
Use to the New York Association of Copyright Stakeholders.  The decision
to make this change, effect May 2nd is being done for the following
reasons.

First, NYLXS has not been able to come to an agreeable negotiated
solution with either Jay Sulzberger or Brett Wynkoop on the matter of
their  violation of either the NY Fair Use trademark and other
trademarks involving NY Fair Use.  Nor is NYLXS able to come to a
conclusion with the parties on the abuse of our copyright of the
materials affiliated with NY Fair Use which we have inherited.

Secondly, the members of NY Fair Use Inc, which was founded in in
February of 2003 and which has had their first meetings this last month,
have done extreme damage to the efforts of NY Fair Use to educate the
public on issues in a constructive way.  As such, they've done
irrefutable damage to the NY Fair Use trademark.

In order to minimize further erosion of the efforts of NYLXS and NY Fair
Use, we've decided to rename the organization NY Fair Use, the original
NY Fair use organization as founded by Ruben Safir as early as 1999, in
order to clarify more specifically it's mission and its goals, and to
separate us from the inefficient tactics and mistakes being made by Jay
Sulzberger and Brett Wynkoop.

This announcement is in no way a repudiation of any rights and
trademarks that NYLXS legally processes to the terms NY Fair Use, DRM is
Theft - We are the stakeholders, or any of the copyrights that NYLXS
rightfully possess in regards to NY Fair Use.  NYLXS is still going to
enforce its rights under the law to the original trademarks and
copyrights.

NYLXS would further like to be clear that the behavior of Mr Wynkoop and
Mr Sulzberger have been deplorable in this matter from the start.  While
NYLXS has made several bonofide and reasonable attempts to amicably
settle this dispute, the Members of NY Fair Use have abused our members
repeatedly in person, on the phone, on the mailing list and at our
meetings.  The behavior of both Mr Wynkoop and Mr Sulzberger has been to
respond to arbitration on these issues by avoiding such requests and
substituting proposes for fair arbitration with blanket threats of
secret information which would 'Blow NYLXS UP', and invitation for us to
come to their meeting to be abused by them verbally without any fair
arbitration by an outside authority.  This has been repeatedly rejected,
especially in light of the 100's of hours that members have had to
already endure going over all the excuses and accusations which they've
launched at both NY Fair Use, NYLXS and their founder, Ruben Safir.

In addition, NYLXS would like to formal state that while we often
disagree with how to allocate resources and tactics in this matter, it
is unified in its support of Ruben Safir and his claims.  We stand
behind this having given a fair hearing to Mr Sulzberger and Mr Wynkoop,
and in reviewing the facts of the case through interviews of NY Fair Use
members, and through an extensive review of the written records and
archives of the organization which was done in February of 2003.  The
reports of our investigation, and the original agreements we attempted
to use in settling with NY Fair Use, Inc (ie Jay Sulzberger and Brett
Wynkoop), can be made available to anyone who asks, as well as their

Over the next month, the NY Fair Use website, fairuse.nylxs.com, will be
slowly reworked to reflect these changes.  For an unspecific time
period, NYACSH will be referred to at NYACSH, formerly the original NY
Fair Use and such other titles.

Lastly, NYLXS wished to express that it resents claims by the NY Fair
Use, Inc organization that NYLXS in any way ever worked with or
co-operated with that NY Fair Use, Inc or any other organization lead by
Mr Wynkoop or Mr Sulzberger is false.  All efforts in education and
representation of the the Government took place with the Original NY
Fair Use as founded and headed by Ruben Safir.  All claims by NY Fair
Use, Inc of our cooperation with them at any time is a misuse of our
name and prestige for the glamor of those undeserving of our
endorsement.  We view it as morally equivalent to rape.

Ruben Safir
Secretary of NYLXS
Chairman of the New York Association of Copyright Stakeholders
and sub-committee of NYLXS, Inc
Founder of NY Fair Use, and NYLXS

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions