dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Re: NY Arena Outreach, 5/17/03 and 5/10/03

From: wynkoop
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Re: NY Arena Outreach, 5/17/03 and 5/10/03
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:29:02 +0000 (GMT)

> Have you already tried, or considered, protesting in front of a record
> store with handouts urging people to boycott fake CDs (and containing
> a list of CDs to boycott)?

Greeting-
     We have not tried record stores, or a fake CD boycott move
yet, but it sounds like a good idea.  We did try in front of CompUSA
in midtown Manhattan, but did not get as good a response as we expected.
Most folks seemed to be tourists in transit from the Empire State
Building to Grand Central Station.  They had very little interest in the
pitch as compared to folks in the Park Slope shopping area of 7th avenue
who were very interested.

-Brett

--
DRM is theft!  We are the stakeholders!  http://www.nyfairuse.org/