dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]USB key fob?

From: John
Subject: Re: [Auth]USB key fob?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:20:31 -0500

"Vinko Vrsalovic B." wrote:
> Here's an idea:
>
> What if the auth system is able to support various storage systems?
>
> I'm thinking about something like CSS's support for various display
> systems.
>
> That way you could have a plugin that can use:
>
> -Local DB -> by HW or SW
> -Remote DB
> -Distributed DB
>
> And also you could have the server side module with support
> for all those schemes.

Or just make the storage system location agnostic. Read/Write the data
as a stream and allow a "something" external to decide where the data
will be.

It's another layer in an end to end solution. I have to say, I like it.
Building on top of the CSS2 media-type also clicks with me for some
reason.

John Le'Brecage