dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]The simplest thing that can possibly work

From: John
Subject: Re: [Auth]The simplest thing that can possibly work
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:07:52 -0500

Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> A simple solution don't have to be quick and dirty. Quick and dirty software
> usually is the result of a bad design. My way of thinking about Auth.GNU is a
> simple design, which is highly extensible for future use. We can then add
> more sophisticated things, which are already discussed.

I agree 100%. Yes, we need to decide where we are going before we go and
implement quick solutions that may turn out to be dirty later on. We
really can't afford to be throwing anything away. Trying to prototype
before we have an idea of what the migration path will be, and what we
will be migrating to, will inevitably create a compatibility hodgepodge,
user/implementor confusion, and bad blood at a time when we really can't
afford it.

So, why not decide where we are going, so that we can design where we
are.

John Le'Brecage