dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]I claim simplest design of all time!

From: John
Subject: Re: [Auth]I claim simplest design of all time!
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:51:39 -0500

Ron Burk wrote:

> I was determined not to beat this horse again, but this got me going.
> The simplest solution *is* extendible because it assumes
> nothing about the future except that you will need standard
> names for data fields like "Name", "Account", "Password",
> and so on. Does anyone doubt that assumption?

Only the "Account" field bothers me as it seems to indicate a single
point of control for any access. Please explain how one entity can
control an account, without compromising the privacy, integrity, or
freedom of a Customer's data.

Other than that, your proposal matches mine own in the Architecture
forum.

John Le'Brecage