Re: [DotGNU]Status of cscc and Qt#

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Status of cscc and Qt#
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:59:31 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> > In that case , as subclass check is needed (see IsSubClass in verify.c).
> > Which means it takes no time to solve at all ;-)
>
> Anyway, that fixed in CVS ... we'll rethink if it breaks the spec :-)

It looks like the ECMA spec is the only place that says the
class needs to be checked.  MS, Rotor, Mono, all suppress the
finalizer regardless of what class the caller belongs to.

Personally, I think the ECMA behaviour is correct, as it is
dangerous to allow foreign classes to change the finalization
policy of an object.  But I will remove the checks from pnet,
to be consistent with the other CLR implementations.

Cheers,

Rhys.