Re: [DotGNU]Unhandled Exception: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException

From: Josh Boudreau
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Unhandled Exception: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:00:34 -0400 (AST)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Gopal V wrote:

> > The Windows system is Windows 2000 with .NET Framework v1.0.3705
>
> New Win2k has restrictions on running .NET assemblies ? ...
> IIRC, Rhys had no problems with his Win2k test-build machine with
> .NET ... (Administrator privileges ?)..

I am getting this error message on a default installation (with Service
Pack 3) with no security settings changed. I do have administrator
priviledges when I try to execute the code...

I did manage to get it to run by going to "Microsoft .Net Framework
Wizzards" in Administrative Tools, and using the "Trust an Assembly"
wizzard to add the helloworld.exe as a trusted assembly. But I don't
think that's supposed to be normal behaviour for assemblies compiled with
another .net implementation, right?

If you guys need me to be a test monkey for some stuff, just give me a
hollar, I'll do whatever.

At first I thought it might have been a SMP issue since I am running 2
CPU's in my machine, but I also tested on a single CPU machine with a
similar configuration and get the same error.

--
Josh Boudreau
address@hidden