[DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64

From: CH Gowri Kumar
Subject: [DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:51:10 +0530 (IST)

Hi rhys and all,
I have something to share with you all.
Well, pnet works almost fine on IA-64. It runs a lot of programs.

I have used the programs from Larry O'Briens Thinking in
C#(http://www.thinkingin.net/ticsharprc1.htm)  book examples
to run the .NET executables. I could run almost all of the programs except
a few.The attachment contains the rough details of the programs which are
not running.The details are running only on IA-64. I haven't compiled the
programs rather just used the executables provided.

Some of the bugs which i could guess from the outputs are:(the attachment
contains the exact program names and the wrong output)

1)The destructors are not called.
2)The initialization of static members is not done in the right order
3)There is still some bug in verification of calls.

But on the whole, i feel the code is written excellent. There are some
small bugs around which I will be trying to hunt down.

Also, is there any fixed testing framework which you are following to test
the engine+runtime? I mean writing small programs which emphasise on a
particular CIL instruction etc.

Regards,
Gowri Kumar

Chap 03:
-------
        HelloDate(2).exe
                Date to be implemented.

Chap 05:
-------
        StaticInitialization.exe
                The order of initialization seems to be reversed.
                It should be Table and Cupboard,but the o/p is Cupboard and
table.

        ValuableResource.exe
                The destructors are not called.

        ValuableResource2.exe
                The destructor is not called.

Chap 06:
-------
        Beetle.exe
                The base class intitialization should take place before the
derived
                class initialization. But it doesn't seem to be happening so,
regarding
                the static member initialization of classes.

        Composition.exe
                Date lib has to be implemented.

Chap 10:
-------
        BasicDataSetoperation.exe,Crud.exe
                System.Data missing

        FastBitmapper1.exe
        It's taking anormous amounts of time. the MS jit executed each loop
  around 23 sec. While ilrun took 21 minutes to execure the same loop.

        FastSort.exe
        Couldn't verify the code. verify_call.c:1035

        InPlace.exe
        also taking wnormous amounts of time.

        ListSortSearch.exe
        throwing exception
        A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X,
Y,
After shuffling:
E, F, O, X, M, Q, J, D, B, C, G, P, S, I, Y, H, R, V, U, N, K, W, T, L, A,
Uncaught exception: System.ArgumentException: Array element type mismatch
        at System.Array.Set(Object, Int32, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Array.SetValue(Object, Int32)
        at System.Array.InnerReverse(Array, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Array.Reverse(Array, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Collections.ArrayList.Reverse()
        at ListSortSearch.Main()

        ListToArray.exe
        Uncaught exception: System.ArrayTypeMismatchException: Source array
        type cannot be assigned to destination array type
        at System.Array.Copy(Array, Int32, Array, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Collections.ArrayList.CopyTo(Array, Int32)
        at ListToArray.Main()

        Months.exe
        Key: Winter
CSV: January,February,December
Uncaught exception: System.ArrayTypeMismatchException: Source array type cannot
be assigned to destination array type
        at System.Array.Copy(Array, Int32, Array, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Collections.ArrayList.CopyTo(Array, Int32)
        at
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.CollapseToArray(ArrayList)
        at System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.GetValues(String)
        at Months.Main()

        NValColToArray.exe
Uncaught exception: System.ArrayTypeMismatchException: Source array type cannot
be assigned to destination array type
        at System.Array.Copy(Array, Int32, Array, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Collections.ArrayList.CopyTo(Array, Int32)
        at
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.CollapseToArray(ArrayList)
        at System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection.GetValues(String)
        at NameValueCollectionEntry.FromNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection)
        at NValColToArray.Main()

 RoomRunner.exe
Uncaught exception: System.ArgumentException: Array element type mismatch
        at System.Array.Set(Object, Int32, Int32, Int32)
        at System.Array.SetValue(Object, Int32)
        at System.Enum.GetValues(Type)
        at Labyrinth.Room..ctor()
        at Labyrinth.RegenSpot..ctor()
        at Labyrinth.Maze..ctor()
        at Labyrinth.Maze.Main()

        SimpleHash.exe
Static trouble again.

Larry has a goldfish named
Larry has a dog named Cheyenne
Larry has a cat named Harry

o/p should have been

Larry has a dog named Cheyen
Larry has a goldfish named
Larry has a cat named Harry

Chap 11
-------
UsingCleanup.exe
        destructor is not called

Chap 12
-------
BinaryRead.exe
        unresolved type: [mscorlib]System.IO.BufferedStream
   BinaryRead.exe: unresolved external references

CapStyle.exe
unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex
unresolved type: [mscorlib]System.IO.BufferedStream
unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match
unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.GroupCollection
unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Group
unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Capture
CapStyle.exe: unresolved external references

Most of them require library support.

Remaining chapters were using forms.