Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]Does cscc need a pedantic mode ?

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]Does cscc need a pedantic mode ?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:54:32 +0000

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 12:12, Gopal wrote:
> Ok ... having said all that .. do we need a 'pedantic' mode for complete
> and total subservience to what MS CSC does ?

What if I write this great class library or something that does things like:

using i32=Int32;

and I want to port it to .net (for some inadequetly explained reason).  The
bytecode will port, but the C# will not (or wont compile under .net).

Being a 'good person' I [L]GPL my source code.
However, poor old .neties can't use it unless they get the bytecode.

So I'd say that a pedantic mode is potentially a bonus for those 'total
portability' heads about - but it's gotta be a really low priority for now
 :o)

my 2c

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.