Re: [DotGNU] Require Clarifications About DOTGNU pnet

From: Sindhu Gururaj
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Require Clarifications About DOTGNU pnet
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:20:22 +0530

Hi,
Gopal, Thanks a lot for the reply. I am from Bangalore and work for a company called Celstream Tech. Pvt. Ltd.

We have a project up and running where both the Client and the Server are in .NET [C#] [ Database based project ]. We now want to run the Client portion from Macintosh OS X 10.3.2 to 10.3.7

If there is no support for the some of the important controls in DOTGNU Pnet,then maybe we will be forced to write the complete Client in Macintosh. This is fine, but how do we make calls to the server component written in .NET C# from Cocoa/Carbon on Macintosh?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also

We make use of all the controls that are mentioned below, almost covers all the Window Forms in the Toolbox of Visual Studio .NET

I have a request, Can you please indicate alongside each entry if a control is NOT/ partially supported by DOTGNU System.Windows.Forms?

1] Form
2] MenuItem
3] MainMenu
4] ToolBar
5] TabControl
6] TreeView
7] DataGrid
8] ListView
9] Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.WinFormView
10] AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser, we also leverage its printing capabilities
11] Splitter
12] GroupBox
13] ListBox
14] Button with Images and Text
15] PictureBox
16] TextBox
17] CheckBox with image and text
18] ComboBox
19] StatusBar
20] ProgressBar
21] ContextMenu
22] ImageList
23] DateTimePicker
24] MonthCalender
25] CheckedListBox
26] Tooltip support for all controls
27] OpenFile/SaveFile/FolderBrowser/Color/Print/PrintDocument/PageSetupDialog standard system dialogs
28] RadioButton

Namespace that we are using - Please indicate the once that are NOT/partially supported

System;
System.Drawing;
System.Collections;
System.Configuration;
System.Text;
System.ComponentModel;
System.Reflection;
System.Windows.Forms;
System.Net;
System.Xml;
System.Xml.XPath;
System.Globalization;
System.Diagnostics;
System.Threading;
System.Xml;
System.IO;
System.Data;
System.Resources;
System.Runtime.Remoting;
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http;
System.Xml.Serialization;
System.Collections.Specialized;
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess;

Also, for the ADO.NET, we use OLEDB as our provider.

Thanks a lot for your precious time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Sindhu Gururaj,
address@hidden,
Ext - 2209.