Re: [DotGNU] Require Clarifications About DOTGNU pnet

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Require Clarifications About DOTGNU pnet
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 04:33:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

--- Sindhu Gururaj <address@hidden>
> run the Client portion from Macintosh OS X 10.3.2
> to 10.3.7

Trying to answer in as much detail as possible..

> This is fine, but how do we make calls to the server
> component written in .NET C# from Cocoa/Carbon on
> Macintosh?.

No ideas - SOAP ?.

> 7] DataGrid
    - Very minimal impl.
> 8] ListView
    - Very minimal

> 9] Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.WinFormView

     - Not implement (no plans)

> 10] AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser, we also leverage its
      - Is COM wrapper - cannot do anything

FolderBrowser/Color/Print/PrintDocument/PageSetupDialog

Not implemented (Color would be no big deal, but
printing needs raw postscript support).

> System.ComponentModel;

Questionable support ... except for convertors

> System.Diagnostics;

No debugger support builtin ... (ie StackTrace
and Debug.Assert will work, but no Debugger)

> System.Data;

Dependent on ml-pnet - which is usable for
most ADO.net (like I said SQLite and Npgsql
works great).

> System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
> System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http;

Questionable support - never really tested.

> System.Xml.Serialization;

Does seem to work - not absolutely sure.

> Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess;

Nope.. (COM+ stuff ?)

> Also, for the ADO.NET, we use OLEDB as our provider.

Have a provider but never tested..

Gopal