dotgnu-pnet

RE : [Pnet-developers] [bug #4430] Internal error: Could not verify the

From: Yannis BRES
Subject: RE : [Pnet-developers] [bug #4430] Internal error: Could not verify the code - br.s at verify_branch.c:393
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:45:16 +0200

     Hi !

> I've reduced the first error message to the following code
>               ldloc.s    40
>               br         ?L3735c
>       ?L3729c:
>               ldloc.s    48
>               br.s       ?L3735c
>       ?L3733c:
>       ?L3735c:
>               ret
> Ok, so as far as I know , locvars 40 & 48 are
> non-Assigncompatible ... ie being of totally different types ....
     Well, the method is supposed to return a System.Object, the 40th local
variable is declared as Ir.BgL_ir_node_Kmovezd2memzd2 and the 48th is
declared as Ir.BgL_ir_node_Kmovezd2tempzd2.  What's wrong wrt. to ret ?

> Try assembling the attached IL file and running it in MS.NET ...
     It compiles perfectly (to a DLL) and verifies in the same fashion...

> Looks like this is the same bug as my ternary expression bug
> .... but looks very much like it ... ie need for CommonType
> :) ie the two types merge into a System.Object for want of
> any other object type ...
> I'll try to work on it tonight :) ... maybe it'll fix the
> other bug too ?
     I do insist that this is a recent "regression", such programs were not
rejected till recently...

          Yannis

ESSI                                    http://www.essi.fr
Attache Temporaire d'Enseignement et de Recherche
INRIA  -  Equipe Mimosa                 http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa
Collaborateur Exterieur                 +33 (4) 92 38 79 67
+33 (6) 60 38 79 52                     http://www.yannis.bres.name