dotgnu-pnet

RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedExceptio

From: Yannis BRES
Subject: RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Environment.GetSpecialFolder
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:55:10 +0200

> The requirement for IE is a little problematical also. :-)
     Does a Windows computer without IE really exist ?

> I'm wondering if it may be possible to do this with PInvoke
> at the C# layer, rather than through the internalcall interface?
> i.e. declare "SHGetFolderPath" as a PInvoke method, and call it
> directly, returning an empty string if "shell32.dll" cannot be
> found.  The less we need to do at the engine level, the better.
     If I guess well in assuming that PInvoke is similar to
LoadLibrary+GetProcAddress (or dlopen+dlsym for Unix-speaking guys), well,
we would have the overhead I have mentionned earlier, but I do understand
your concern with reducing dependencies with non "ubiquitous" DLLs.

     Would you want me to do that or do you have already taken over "my"
code ?
          Yannis

ESSI                                    http://www.essi.fr
Attaché Temporaire d'Enseignement et de Recherche
INRIA  -  Equipe Mimosa                 http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa
Collaborateur Extérieur                 +33 (4) 92 38 79 67
+33 (6) 60 38 79 52                     http://www.yannis.bres.name