dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Re: RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] Sy

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : [Pnet-developers] System.NotImplementedException when implementing Environment.GetSpecialFolder
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:52:28 +1000

On Thursday 24 July 2003 07:21 pm, Yannis BRES wrote:

>     Okay, so if (Environment.OSVersion.Platform != PlatformID.Unix) then
> use a DllImported function from shell32.dll else return String.Empty.
>     Where should I implement that ?  Directly in System.Environement ?

Seems as good a place as any.  If you want to split things out more, then add
an "internal" class to "System.Private".

> Currently, this methods calls InfoMethods.GetSpecialFolder which is an
> internal function.  Should I remove this internal method ?

I or Gopal will remove it once the new code goes in.  Don't worry about it.

> If so, shall I
> protect the code with an #if CONFIG_WIN32_SPECIFICS as in
> Microsoft.Win32.Win32KeyProvider or would the if
> (Environment.OSVersion.Platform != PlatformID.Unix) be enough ?

The OSVersion check will be sufficient.  The method is already "#if
!ECMA_COMPAT", which is correct in this case.

Cheers,

Rhys.