dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Can FSF sponsor Matías

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Can FSF sponsor Matías
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 12:34:21 -0300

El 2024-01-04 05:26, Jing Luo escribió:
Hola Matías,

Hola Jing :-)

I am sad to see your personal life is preventing you from working on Dragora. We all know how life can be very difficult, and I'm sure we will all understand whatever decision you make. But to do my best to save Dragora, I sent an email to info@gnu to ask FSF if they can sponsor you financially, like how FSF sponsored Ian Murdock of Debian, 30 years ago. Here is the copy of the email:

Thank you for your concern. Writing or requesting financial support like from the FSF or SPI is something I tried in the past, from what I understand the FSF can help you with spreading or promoting a project but not with money itself, at the time, the FSF was requesting money from distributors for using or distributing GNU software they support, so my request didn't result in something favorable, let's put it that way.

I understand that things have changed, so I'll be curious to see what they say. Anyway, I have no illusions, surely they already have more important things to support (with money, etc.).

The FSF or whoever may also wonder why the Dragora community is not supporting Dragora, and that's because Dragora has donation channels[1] from quite some time ago. But I am not the one to demand anything from anyone, I just try or tried to express my financial discomfort regarding the country I live in, my situation with my family, and the time it takes to continue with something like Dragora, that's all.

[1] http://dragora.org/en/donate.html

Thanks.