dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Dragora 3 beta 2 dvd iso not functioning properly wh

From: Sanjay Mysore
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Dragora 3 beta 2 dvd iso not functioning properly when ISO image burnt on USB
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:42:19 +0530

Hello

Mine is a Dual core cpu ...sandybridge...desktop pc 2gb ram 160gb hdd

The problem is, keyboard is fine...only when i boot through USB , I cannot use up down arrows for selection....installation  option at the bottom.....so

I wonder...

But when it autoboots, I can get the Trinity DE by typing startx

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024, 20:33 Jing via Dragora-users, <dragora-users@nongnu.org> wrote:
Hello Sanjay,

On 4/2/24 4:41 PM, Sanjay Mysore wrote:
> Dear All
>
> My optical drives are no longer functioning. I burnt the iso and booted
> In the initial screen, 3 options are shown...but keyboard unable to
> select it...arrow keys up down nothing works
> I patiently waited for 280 seconds to auto boot. Auto boot stalled at
> Mount: said something about CDROM files not available or something.
>
> Well,I thought that ISO mode does not suit on this usb, and burnt a DD image
>
> DD image behaviour also same as ISO image....options could not be
> selected since keyboard not working
>
> But, after 280 seconds it autobooted fully
> In the end, I typed startx and was shown in to the trinity desktop
> environment
>
> Is the behaviour of this DVD image as above, NORMAL?
> But, I cannot install it on my PC, since I cannot go into the option
> "Install Dragora" via keyboard
>
> Mine is a USB keyboard. Is it why it is not recognized at start?Or some
> other issues
>
> I can only see the live environment
>
> Pl. clarify if the behaviour of this ISO is OK
>
> [...]

For the "keyboard not working" issue:

I successfully installed dragora on qemu yesterday, but I haven't ever
heard of this kind of issue. The behavior is definitely not normal. I
hope Matías can have more insight on this.

Can you tell us what model of computer you use? Have you tried other
distros' live cd?

And to continue the installation, you would need to specify the local
path /var/cache/qi, the option below CDROM.

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/