Re: [Duplicity-talk] how to tell duplicity to NOT sign (want to encrypt

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] how to tell duplicity to NOT sign (want to encrypt to public key only)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:23:01 +0200

On Thursday 29 May 2008 19:20:12 Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) wrote:
> I've been playing with this a little, and have given up on "just public
> key" encryption since I need the passphrase to do the incremental part.

If you use
      --archive-dir path
              When  backing up or restoring, specify the local archive
directory.  This option is not necessary, but if hash data is found
              locally in path it will be used in preference to the remote hash
data. Use of this option does not imply  that  the  archive
              data  is  no  longer  stored  in  the  backup destination, nor
that the local archive directory need be kept safe. The local
              archive directory is a performance optimization only, and may
safely be discarded at any time.

This is neatly solved and allows for unattended public key backups. It's
potentially a lot faster to boot because you do not need to download the
signatures at the beginning.