Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

From: Andrew Kohlsmith (lists)
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:37:13 -0400

On May 30, 2008 07:05:09 pm Marius Scurtescu wrote:
> After a terribly long run duplicity died with the following error:

> IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

> Was backing up an Ubuntu Hardy server (duplicity 0.4.10) without
> encryption to an FTP server.

I believe I saw the same thing trying to do the first (full) backup of a
700-ish meg filesystem over rsync.  tried again with ftp.  tried again with
ssh... all failed after a fairly lengthy time.  It was my first attempts at
this though, and I figured it was maybe my DSL pppoe session crapping out.

I didn't investigate too much, as I realized that since network connectivity
COULD be an issue and that duplicity can't resume, I should back up locally
and rsync the archive over.  I just haven't got that far yet.  :-)

-A.