Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 06:40:48 -0500

Marius Scurtescu wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Jon Watson <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Marius Scurtescu
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> duplicity incr --full-if-older-than 7D --include-filelist
>>> /backup/duplicity/filelist --archive-dir /backup/duplicity/archive
>>> --no-encryption --short-filenames --tempdir /backup/duplicity/tmp
>>> --volsize 1024 / $FTP_URL
>> I assume this command is from a script. If you paste this, but with the
>> actual $FTP_URL, into the command line, does it work? I see nothing obvious
>> wrong with the invocation and the only thing I can't see is the value of
>> $FTP_URL.
>
> The $FTP_URL is perfectly fine. Duplicity run for 5 hours (that's a
> separate question, why is it so slow) before it died. During these 5
> hours it did upload 27 volumes, so it connect fine to the FTP server.

You're running a volsize of 1Gb, so that's 27G in 5 hours.  Given that
the current duplicity is not threaded, part of the time is in building
the each volume.  Is your FTP site local or remote?

> I can try running this command outside the script and leave it
> overnight, see what happens.

If that helps, please let me know.

> The other strange thing is that both the archive and the tmp folders
> were empty at the end.

The tmp folders should be empty.  There should be something in the
archive folder.  How much space is available for each?

> Would this error occur of the FTP server dropped the connection for some
> reason?

No, that's handled in the backends, with retries.

...Ken