Re: [Duplicity-talk] Status of imap support?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Status of imap support?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:12:37 +0000

According to http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6297
imap support shold be in duplicity, but the current version (5.06) does
not ship with a
generic  imap backend, but with a gmail-backend.

The comments on said patch read "(google IMAP works a bit different)",
so I assume that
just replacing the hard-coded references to gmail in gmailbackend.py by
 another imap-server will not work...will it?

I have no way to test this at all.  If someone has the means to test
against a generic IMAP server, please let us know how it works.

I use Dovecot, so I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. I have had a quick scan of the code and it doesn't seem to do anything specific to gmail. However, it doesn't look as though it would be too hard to add another generic imap backend if the gmail one doesn't work.

Ian.