Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:25:22 -0500

Nicolas Aspert wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 14:39, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>

>     > Am I missing something ?
>
>     >
>     You did specify --use-agent, right?  It's not automatic.
>

> Yes I did :)
>

>     The command-line should refer to your public key, not the private key.
>

> and the command line of course never refers to the private key...

How did you make sure the passphrase was in the agent?  Did you encrypt
something with that key?  I've always just let the agent prompt me for
the first time and after that its in there.

The error message sounds like gpg has no agent to talk to, or could not
talk to it.  I've tested against gpg-agent and seahorse-agent.  Do you
use one of those?  If not, which one.

What was the command-line you used?

...Ken