Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:58:24 +0200

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 15:25, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
How did you make sure the passphrase was in the agent?  Did you encrypt
something with that key?  I've always just let the agent prompt me for
the first time and after that its in there.

Encrypting works fine. Decryption fails, I think this is what makes duplicity exit, as it tries to decrypt files when performing an incremental backup.

The error message sounds like gpg has no agent to talk to, or could not
talk to it.  I've tested against gpg-agent and seahorse-agent.  Do you
use one of those?  If not, which one.

I add the key to gpg-agent via keychain (when logging in)

Regards