Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Unable to use gpg-agent
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:03:34 +0200

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 16:17, Kenneth Loafman>
>     The error message sounds like gpg has no agent to talk to, or could not
>     talk to it.  I've tested against gpg-agent and seahorse-agent.  Do you
>     use one of those?  If not, which one.
>

> I add the key to gpg-agent via keychain (when logging in)

But that does not supply the passphrase that the agent needs to have for
decryption.  Duplicity should be triggering gpg to ask for a passphrase.

Try decrypting one of the backup manifest files (its short), like this:
 $ gpg --use-agent -d duplicity-manifest-file
gpg should prompt you for a passphrase.  If you do it a second time, it
should not.

I think this is related to the fact I need to use gpg2 and not gpg (1.4.5) to be able to use the agent !
No time to check this now though...

regards