Re: [Duplicity-talk] restore from incremental backup before last full ba

From: Jacob Godserv
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] restore from incremental backup before last full backup
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:12:05 -0400

> It seems, doing a second full backup renders the full backup before that
> useless, am I right?

No, if the backups are listed at all in collection-status, they can be used

> If I am, the files, should still be there, is there a way to recover from
> the difftar files manually?

>From what I gather, the path you specified is not the path duplicity
expected. Duplicity sees everything as relative, so try removing the
beginning slash in the argument for --file-to-restore. If you need to
verify you are using the right file, run:

duplicity list-current-files -t 2009-07-22 scp://address@hidden/path | less

...or something similar and search for the file you had in mind.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now — and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?