Re: [Duplicity-talk] how do I know what --name to pick from my duplicity

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] how do I know what --name to pick from my duplicity cache
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 15:17:58 +0200

On 01.09.2015 15:07, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> When doing a recovery I would like to use the cache that is already on
> the machine, mine looks like the following:
>
> https://paste.debian.net/plainh/bb9a2c4b
>
> How do I know what --name to use for the duplicity archive I want to
> recover from?
>
> The man page suggest it is some kind of hash, how can I reverse check this?

you don't need to give it manually. the hash is derived from your backend url,
see manpage description for --name, --archive-dir
 http://duplicity.nongnu.org/duplicity.1.html

so if you use the same backend url you used when creating the backups duplicity
will automatically use the same cache again.

..ede/duply.net