Re: [Duplicity-talk] On replacing tar, why not dar ?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] On replacing tar, why not dar ?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:25:37 -0500

There are no real hard dependencies to convert to Windows, just a lot of conversion from UNIX path style to Windows path style.  That's fairly easy except for drive letter, but abstract the path functionality, and the problem goes away.  Some OS primitives are not implemented in Windows, so a bit more abstraction.  It's all just a matter of porting.  A couple of years ago someone released a branch with Windows porting mostly implemented.  I had no time (or interest) in completing that.  It could be a starting point for someone interested in Windows.  As to Mac OS, it seems others are using it already, so not a problem.

...Ken