[Duplicity-talk] problems with decryption gpg times out

From: covici
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] problems with decryption gpg times out
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 08:26:17 -0400

Hi.  I am having a great deal of trouble resuming a backup.  When I
started, (running as root), I changed the home directory to my actual
user id, where the  gpg keys are, so I could use them for both
encryption and decryption.  The backup process ended mysteriously and I
tried to restart the thing.  First problem was it said unacceptable
homedir -- I guess it was not owned by root -- so I imported the keys to
root which I don't like, but what can you do.  So when I tried to
restart, gpg complained inappropriate ioctl for device, after asking me
for the pass phrase.  I am using a regular text console here and so I
put an export of the pass phrase into a shell script, and now I get a
gpg timeout, so I am stuck.  I am using duplicity 7.06 and kernel
4.1.17.

I even tried to generate a new key, but that did not work -- at least
not after 5-7 minutes, not sure whether that would have done any guud,
anyway.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?