dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: CS Grad in Trouble -- join the club

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: CS Grad in Trouble -- join the club
Date: 06 Aug 2002 09:44:34 -0400

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 09:34, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Everyone
> Im a recent Computer Science graduate from Hampton University.
> I have experience with Perl ,C++ ,ADA, Linux Admin, SUSE for SParc,
> SUN SParc,ASP,UML,all WIndows platforms,UNIX BSD,and Open GL. I am
> having a tough time finding a job right now. I have large amounts of
> school loans to pay off. I am willing to relocate and im looking for a
> entry level job. I willing to do just about anything IT to get my feet
> wet. I just wanted to know if any of the IT professionals on this form
> could help a recent  computer science grad. I have lots of expeience'
> for a recent grad due to internships with the govrnment etc. I will
> email my resume to anyone who can help.

<Off-topic>
Join the club (since mid-February).

You might want to check out some of the large defense contractors --
Lockheed-Martin and Northrop-Grumman.  They appear to be "reloading" on
employees and they want entry-level engineer/CS people.

For the few I have applied to, I was considered "too old/experienced"
(i.e. more than they are willing to pay for) at 29 with about 4 years in
defense/aerospace work.  ;-P
</Off-topic>

> LD311 DVD-RAM -DVDR
> Using DVDRECORD

Now, back to being "on-topic" ...

So you can _record_ to DVD-R(G) with the LD311 (3rd Gen DVD-RAM)?

If so, let me know.  I just "assumed" the only supported operation was
_rewriting_ to DVD-RAM c/o the proven kernel support for the drives.
Again, I have an original, "1st gen" 2.6/5.2GB drive and using "sd"
access or "dd" directly to the device has always worked for _rewriting_
to DVD-RAM media.  I've been "holding off" on getting a 3rd Gen DVD-RAM
until DVDTools could record DVD-R(G) on it.

-- Bryan

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  address@hidden   http://www.TheBS.org
SmithConcepts Inc  Engineering/IT  http://www.SmithConcepts.com