dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD+RW -- bigotry in web sites ...

From: Andy Polyakov
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD+RW -- bigotry in web sites ...
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:10:51 +0200

> > http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
>
> Subject: Re: DVD+RW -- bigotry in web sites ...
>
> I personally love the 'tudes that fly in such sites:

I don't think I deserve to be referred to as bigot and don't consider my
page as "such." I can only conclude that you haven't actually read it,
but just skimmed through.

>     "Of course customers will also complain by that player
>      manufacturer (in this case Toshiba) because all competitor
>      drives can play those discs and they can not. People will
>      not like that kind of attitude."

The quote was posted in order to demonstrate why "I feel ... that
vendors (*both* DVD+RW and DVD-ROM) could be less ignorant" in handling
the incompatibility issue. Otherwise the page is basically about making
the best of the situation, whatever that might be. It just happened to
be DVD+RW situation.

A.