dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD+RW -- bigotry in web sites ...

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD+RW -- bigotry in web sites ...
Date: 12 Aug 2002 20:38:25 -0400

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 20:10, Andy Polyakov wrote:
> I don't think I deserve to be referred to as bigot and don't consider my
> page as "such." I can only conclude that you haven't actually read it,
> but just skimmed through.

Well you have my apologies then.  I've just seen so many DVD+RW sites
complaining about Panasonic, Pioneer and Toshiba when some of us are
"more knowledgeable" of the _true_ Sony and Philips "story."

> The quote was posted in order to demonstrate why "I feel ... that
> vendors (*both* DVD+RW and DVD-ROM)

Er, I assume you mean "DVD Consortium" not DVD-ROM?

> could be less ignorant" in handling the incompatibility issue.

Sony/Philips basically created it.

> Otherwise the page is basically about making the best of the
> situation, whatever that might be. It just happened to be
> DVD+RW situation.

???  I'm not sure what you mean by that  ???

I mean, in response I want to add, "ignorance of the truth is no
excuse."

-- Bryan

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  address@hidden   http://www.TheBS.org
"#3 UCF -- 'Five Best Non-BCS Teams,' College Football News ...