dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Recording Speed

From: Todius From Linodius
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Recording Speed
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:39:16 +0000

I am using DVDRecord v0.1.3 to record a DVD image with my Pioneer (Cendyne)
DVR-105 drive.  I am not able to record at full speed using the dvdrecord
program.  Using 4X certified Sony DVD-R discs passing the speed=4 parameter,
dvdrecord writes at 2X.  Using Ritek 2X certified DVD-R discs, and passing
speed=2 (or 4), it will only write at 1X.  Is there any way to force
dvdrecord to record at the proper speed besides by passing the speed
parameter?  Any idea why dvdrecord doesn't recognize the proper speed setting
from the blank?

All help is appreciated.
-Brent