dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Not able to Record in DVD-Writer (Pioneer External Dr

From: R Kiran
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Not able to Record in DVD-Writer (Pioneer External Drive)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:57:11 +0530 (IST)

HI

I have External DVD-RW . I am trying this first time on Linux 8.0
(Redhat). I am able to recognise DVD in my PC + read data on this.

I get teh following outout when I try to blank DVD-RW:-
dvdrecord -v -dao blank=fast speed=2 dev=0,0,0
dvdrtools v0.1.3
Portions (c) 2002 Red Hat, Inc.
Based on:
Cdrecord 1.11a15 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jrg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
atapi: 0
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : TERMIOP SYNC
Vendor_info    : 'PIONEER '
Identifikation : 'DVD-R   DVR-S201'
Revision       : '2.02'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD.
dvdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found
on this target.

------------------------------------

After this I downloaded cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt which is acutally a binary
file and tried to blank DVD-RW. This time I am getting Following error:-

/utils/scratch/cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt -v blank=fast speed=1 dev=0,0,0
Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 1.11a13 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001
Jrg Schilling
Unlocked features:
Limited  features:
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
atapi: 0
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : TERMIOP SYNC
Vendor_info    : 'PIONEER '
Identifikation : 'DVD-R   DVR-S201'
Revision       : '2.02'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD.
/utils/scratch/cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt: This version of cdrecord limits
DVD-R/DVD-RW support to -dummy or 1 GB real.
/utils/scratch/cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt: If you need full DVD-R/DVD-RW
support, ask the Author for cdrecord-ProDVD.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-2 DVD-R/DVD-RW driver (mmc_dvd).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
Supported modes: PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R
/utils/scratch/cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt: Input/output error. test unit ready:
scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 30 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x2 Not Ready, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x30 Qual 0x00 (incompatible medium installed) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 100s
/utils/scratch/cdrecord-prodvd-1.txt: No disk / Wrong disk!

My DVD-Wrinter Shows Amber under disk indicator. It this the Problem with
Writer ? Or am I missing something here.

If some one give me TIPS on this .

Warm Regards
Kiran

Sasken accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information
provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

WARNING: Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of virus,
However due to the inherent nature of the virus the recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
this email.