dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: Non-tar.gz archiving options for CD/DVD -- "afio"

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Non-tar.gz archiving options for CD/DVD -- "afio" HOWTO ...
Date: 19 Jan 2003 22:36:41 -0500

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 22:25, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> We have a guy in our local LUG who refuses to change, despite losing his
> backups over and over.  He's still using CD-RW too (MO media has a much
> higher error rate than recordable), and runs into them regularly.
> [ In fact, my backup script, back2cd, started out as a request of his. ]
> Alternatively, I was writing a "HOWTO" for my "back2cd".  Although it is
> far from finished, it _does_ have "Chapter 8:  Design" which covers why
> "double archiving" is bad (single point of failure):
> http://www.smithconcepts.com/files/scripts/back2cd/back2cd_manual.pdf

I also made a post last month on how to use "afio" entitled:

HOWTO: "afio" w/buffering, compression, remote I/O, spanning/CD, etc...
http://www.matrixlist.com/pipermail/leaplist/2002-December/026072.html

[ Scroll down until you hit the  --- BEGIN HOWTO --- part ]

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. (BSECE)       Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
[ http://thebs.org/files/resume/BryanJonSmith_certifications.pdf ]